Welcome to Gladys Magazine Online!
1. What is the official name of your photography business?
Donny Zavala Photography - www.donnyzavalaphotography.com
2. Where are you located?
3. What was your inspiration for this image?
I really wanted to created an ethereal and dreamy shot that was born from the environment in which we were shooting in. The backdrop, the time of day, the model and the wedding dress really allowed me to capture the look I was after.
4. Do you plan which images to take or are they spontaneous ?
Most of my images are spontaneous. However, I usually come in to a shoot with a vision in mind. Some shots are predetermined and will take place but about half of my shots are created merely on emotion. The model is key in this situation, as they need to share my feelings and actually portray the feeling.
5. Is there anything in particular that you love about this shot?
Yes, I love the light, the backdrop, the colors, the location, and the mood it sets. The model in this case really sold the mood by her hand placement and her posture.
6. What is it about your photography that speaks to an individual or a couple looking for someone to capture special moments?
My documentary style lends itself to portraying a genuine story of the day (shoot). This style allows for truly beautiful, romantic and artistically timeless shots. Truly, it's about the couples emotional connection that needs to be captured, and it's only possible when you see that through the camera. Those moments will come, I just need to be ready to capture that moment in time.
7. Is there anything else special that you would like to share with the audience?
If you are looking to book a photographer for any one reason, please make sure to contact them via phone. Photography is more than just nice cameras and equipment. It's about finding the correct fit for your session---I believe a conversation can tell you more about who you may potentially be working with. Also, make sure you look through their portfolio, if you connect emotionally with their images, chances are that they can be your photographer!